DANGEROUS DRUGS & DEFECTIVE MEDICAL DEVICES
As a national leader in products liability litigation, Mostyn Law strives to keep its clients informed about dangerous drugs and devices on the market. While many prescription drugs and medical devices can save lives, they can also cause serious side effects and even death.
If you or someone you know has undergone one of the following medical procedures or taken one of these dangerous drugs, please don’t hesitate to contact Mostyn Law at 800-400-4000 to learn more information about the adverse effects and your legal rights.
- Valsartan – a blood pressure medication recalled in 2018. In late 2018, it was discovered that certain generic versions of the hypertension drugs valsartan and valsartan HCTZ may have been distributed for years with impurities that pose an increased the risk of cancer. If you took Valsartan after 2014 and later developed cancer or liver injuries, contact us immediately.
- Gadolinium – a dye used in MRIs. Researchers have discovered that gadolinium, a heavy metal that aids contrast imaging in MRIs, may linger in the body for months – even years – following the procedure in which it was administered. The effects of this build-up, known as gadolinium retention, have been linked to a serious health condition called nephrogenic systemic fibrosis (NSF) in people with pre-existing kidney failure. If you or a loved one has suffered from gadolinium toxicity, contact our attorneys immediately to discuss your options.
- Onglyza & Kombiglyze XR – an oral diabetes medication. Onglyza (saxagliptin) & Kombiglyze XR, manufactured by AstraZeneca, are under scrutiny in a study called the SAVOR study. Based on this study, an FDA Advisory Committee recommended a labeling change, which would include information about the potential risk of heart failure and death. The label was changed in 2017. Type 2 diabetes patients who take Onglyza may also be at increased risk for specific types of cardiovascular complications, pancreatitis, pancreatic cancer, or thyroid cancer. If you or a loved one has suffered heart failure after taking Onglyza and Kombiglyze, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit to recover financial damages you are owed! Fill our our FREE case evaluation here.
- Zimmer M/L Tape & M/L Taper with Kinectiv Technology – an implant used in hip replacement surgeries. The metal materials used in the Zimmer hip prostheses M/L Taper or Zimmer M/L Taper with Kinectiv Technology, when combined with the VerSys Femoral Head may corrode when used together, causing serious adverse health issues in patients, including tissue destruction known as metallosis, or metal-related complications such as pseudotumors.The Zimmer M/L Taper Hip Prosthesis and the Zimmer M/L Taper Hip Prosthesis with Kinectiv Technology are artificial hip tapers made with titanium alloy used for hip replacement. Patients who were implanted with the Zimmer M/L Taper or Zimmer M/L Taper with Kinectiv Technology, combined with the VerSys femoral head, should contact us if they are experiencing problems with their hip and are currently seeking treatment for those problems with a physician.
- Zostovax – an anti-shingles vaccination manufactured by Merck. Zostavax lawsuits have been filed on behalf of individuals who received the Zostavax vaccine and subsequently contracted shingles. Did You or a Loved One Suffer a Painful Shingles Outbreak or Other Injuries after Receiving the Zostavax Shingles Vaccine? Contact us today to find out if you are eligible for financial compensation.
- Vaginal Rejuvenation – a vaginal treatment involving energy-based radiofrequency and laser devices to do the procedures. In July 2018, the FDA put out a warning about the use of lasers and other energy-based procedures for vaginal rejuvenation due to the risk of serious burns, scarring, and chronic pain. The FDA has not approved these devices for vaginal rejuvenation and is warning women and doctors about the risks. FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D. informed the public in July 2018 that the FDA’s review of adverse event reports associated with these laser and energy-based devices yielded alarming results: “we have found numerous cases of vaginal burns, scarring, pain during sexual intercourse, and recurring or chronic pain… the full extent of the risks is unknown. But these reports indicate these procedures can cause serious harm.” The FDA sent letters to the following manufacturers for possibly marketing / promoting their devices for unapproved treatment: Alma Lasers (FemiLift), BTL Industries (Exiils Ultra 360), Cynosure (MonaLisa Touch), InMode (Forma V and Fractora V), Sciton (JOULE Multi-platform system), and Termigen (THERMiva). If you or someone you know was diagnosed with a side-effect related to vaginal rejuvenation, contact us for a free case consultation.
We’ve won millions in settlements and payouts for our clients. You may be entitled to substantial financial compensation. Know your rights. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to a dangerous drug or defective medical device, call your lawyers at Mostyn Law today at 800-400-4000. Remember, we take all cases on a contingency basis – so you don’t pay unless we win!