9 Special Hurricane Ike Services
Much like home and property owners in the area, Hurricane Ike did not spare businesses throughout Southeast Texas. The damages to physical buildings, power outages and loss of business are just some of the many problems facing business owners as they undertake the rebuilding process.
The Mostyn Law Firm stands ready to assist our colleagues and business neighbors in navigating their insurance coverage. Commercial insurance claims are complex and mistakes are often made that may result in many thousands of lost dollars to your business. We want to help you avoid these mistakes and help you get all the money you deserve so your business can continue to be a vibrant part of our community.
We are currently helping thousands of Hurricane Ike, Hurricane Rita, and Hurricane Humberto victims who feel they were treated unfairly and in bad faith by their insurer. Providing this help has given us incredible experience and knowledge of the complex policy provisions, and standard operating procedures and corporate policy nuances of practically every major insurance carrier operating in the State of Texas.
We want to share the benefits of our experience with you, to help make sure you get all the money you deserve. To do this we offer 9 special services specifically designed to meet the unique needs of your commercial claim. These services are listed below. Please give them a quick review and then pick up the phone and call us. We are standing by to answer all of your questions and to help take away the frustration you may be experiencing working with your insurer and its adjusters.
And if there ever comes a time you simply cannot get a fair offer for your damages, as so many businesses experienced with Hurricane Rita and Humberto, we will be there for you to take the actions you need to protect your rights and to help settle any dispute you may have.
And importantly when we work on your behalf we take the cash flow risk away from you and your business as we work for you on a contingency-fee-basis. Working on a contingency-fee-basis means when you have been treated unfairly any expenses and fees to us for all of our works are required to be paid by your insurer. Plus the law requires these costs to be paid on top of all the money you deserve for your actual damages — so when you agree to a fair settlement you can be comfortable you will actually receive all the money you deserve to recover for your actual property damages.
When you call us we will:
- Help you determine if you have business interruption coverage for business income, business interruption, contents, payroll and/or other unexpected expenses and if these are covered under your insurance policy, i.e. rent on temporary space, expenses to re-open the business, etc.
- Walk you through making a claim for business interruption coverage, property damage, content losses or other damages.
- Guide you through the need to make temporary repairs and mitigate damages.
- Help you make a complete inventory of contents, fixtures and products destroyed.
- Send a professional team to investigate your loss including engineers and contractors when appropriate.
- Assist you in properly documenting your loss, including tracking and recovering extra expenses if applicable.
- Make sure you get paid for what you are due and owing under your policies, including retaining forensic accountants, to assess, evaluate and document your losses when appropriate.
- Make sure your claim is properly processed and investigated and that you are paid timely under the guidelines set forth by the Texas Insurance Code.
- Advise you on your rights and remedies, including the necessity of a lawyer and recovery of attorneys fees and additional damages for no additional cost to you.
We look forward to helping you with these special services. We are just one quick phone call away.